Are you a dynamic and motivated professional, experienced in managing the full talent acquisition lifecycle and staff training and development? If so, Democracy Forward needs you. We are in need of a talented self-starter with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to work closely with our hiring managers in the sourcing, selecting, and onboarding of talent and the development of ongoing training and development programs to meet the needs of a dynamic, diverse, and growing team. We are in search of a candidate who can perform all duties while demonstrating behaviors and attitudes that are consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
This position is full-time. Democracy Forward’s offices are located in Washington, DC. although this position can generally be performed remotely with an occasional need to be in the DC office, due to the nature of this position.
This position will report to the organization’s Chief People, Culture, and Operations Officer and work among and with all people and departments in the organization.
- Collaborate with senior management to analyze hiring needs and provide employee hiring forecasts
- Use applicant tracking system to effectively manage recruitment lifecycle
- Develop, facilitate and implement all phases of the recruitment process
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the needs of the organization
- Screen applications and applicants and identify qualified candidates
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations and organizational policies
- Liaise with team leads and staff to determine training needs
- Work in partnership with senior management to design effective training programs
- Oversee learning activities, curriculum and resources
- Proven ability to support legal staff in the development and maintenance of appropriate jurisdictional continuing legal education accreditation (“CLE”)
- Deploy training needs assessments to identify and monitor organizational training needs
- Work with organizational leaders and subject matter experts to facilitate recommended training
- Maintain knowledge of methods, techniques and training requirements applicable to the legal profession
- Ensure that identified training milestones and goals are met
Typical Minimum Work Experience and Education (Qualifications)
- 3-5 years of work experience in talent acquisition and professional training and/or adult learning. Individuals with a greater number of years of experience are also encouraged to apply
- Work experience in a mission-based organization and/or working with mission-based projects
- Experience contributing to a organizational culture of equity, justice, and inclusion
- Experience working with organizational leadership
Typical Functional Experience (Qualifications)
- Must have exceptional attention to detail, demonstrated trustworthiness, and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Must demonstrate a commitment to equity, justice, and inclusion within the workplace
- Must demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and values of advancing democratic values and achieving social progress
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products
- Experience in human resource functions is a plus
- Organization and the ability to multitask to complete a wide variety of tasks and flexibility to help them adjust to new tasks should company or office needs change
Democracy Forward is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage people of color; lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities; and veterans to apply. The salary range for this position is $85,000 – $95,000 commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Meet some but not all of our qualifications? Don’t let that deter you from applying. If you believe that you could excel in our organization and believe in our mission, we hope you apply. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you are new to non-profit or legal work, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or taking the next step in your career path, we hope to hear from you. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest in our work and what you would bring to the role for which you are applying.