Democracy Forward is accepting applications from first and second year law students for paid summer internships to carry out its mission to use the law to build collective power and advance a bold, vibrant democracy for all people via litigation and regulatory engagement.
- Partner with other Democracy Forward lawyers in proceedings in federal and state courts and before federal and state agencies, including helping advise clients on strategy, risks, and objectives.
- Perform legal research and draft legal documents, including substantive briefs for parties and amici, motions, comments, and/or other court or regulatory filings.
- Draft comments for regulatory proceedings.
- Assist Democracy Forward lawyers in preparing for arguments, hearings, and/or other court appearances.
- Monitor and screen cases and participate in discussion where Democracy Forward considers being involved in litigation (either affirmative litigation or as an amicus or intervenor) or engage in regulatory advocacy.
- Participate in meetings with clients, which include nonprofit organizations, unions, local government entities, and other entities, as well as other outside stakeholders.
Applications for full-time summer internships will be considered on a rolling basis, consistent with NALP guidelines. Please see our Summer Intern opportunity listed on our Career Page.
Democracy Forward is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage people of color; lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities; and veterans to apply. Please note that all lawyer positions require a law degree and active membership in the bar of a state or the District of Columbia.