Democracy Forward has an opening for a researcher to join its mission in identifying, exposing and challenging unlawful Executive Branch activity. The position will help monitor Executive Branch actions for potential legal actions, as well as develop thematic research for use by the communications team. The ideal candidate will enjoy digging into Executive Branch actions and combing through public records to unearth connections that build compelling narratives. The ability to quickly distill raw research into understandable products is crucial.
- Research into Executive Branch actions and officials for communications and litigation opportunities
- Assist in managing wide range of public record requests as part of Executive Branch monitoring and transparency efforts
- Assist in locating and vetting potential plaintiffs for litigation
- Create and maintain ongoing thematic and background research documents
- Assist communications team with placement and distribution of research
- Pitch ideas of new and creative avenues for research opportunities
- Experience with LexisNexis, court filings, public record requests, and similar primary source research collection
- Experience in vetting individuals and organizations
- Detail oriented, able to track and manage numerous record requests to different entities
- Willingness to work on tight deadlines independently or as part of a team, depending on task
- Able to distill research into clear succinct documents legible to those without background in subject
- Background in political or campaign research a plus, but not necessary
- Background in federal regulatory policy, action, and litigation a tremendous plus!
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter highlighting your qualifications to jobs@DemocracyForward.org. In the subject line, please reference Democracy Forward and the exact title of the job for which you are applying. Announcements will remain posted until positions are filled.