Democracy Forward seeks an experienced digital strategist to lead our efforts across our digital platforms, including social media, email, website, and online fundraising. You’ll be an integral part of DF’s communications team, working with every part of the organization to craft a compelling, relatable, and mission-oriented story across our digital channels.
- Reach new audiences and grow a community of supporters through email and social media
- Implement a digital communications strategy that tells the story of our work across platforms to our key audiences
- Manage our digital platforms, including social media, email, and website
- Write and send emails to key audiences, working with communications, legal, and policy team members to craft the narrative
- Write and post updates to social media platforms, listening to community responses and managing reactions, and developing and implementing strategies to amplify Democracy Forward’s work
- Maintain tone and voice guidelines across digital platform
- Make content updates to the website, working with other teams to identify areas for improvement
- Partner with other organizations for content creation, influencer engagement, and list growth opportunities
- Report to, and collaborate with, executive team on key performance indicators and improvement
- Manage relationships with agency partners for website and paid media efforts
- Manage our digital infrastructure, making recommendations for improvement
We’re looking for a strategic doer who thrives in a small-team environment and has a passion for creating things on the Internet. You might be a good fit for this role if you’ve been working on a digital team at a non-profit or a political campaign and are interested in leading a program of your own; if you’re interested in joining a team committed to challenging unlawful and unethical abuses of power by the executive branch; and if you’re interested in working in a startup, mission-driven environment. This might mean, but does not require, the following experience and skills:
- 2-3 years working on digital programs (ideally for a non-profit, advocacy organization, or campaign)
- Proficiency in digital platforms like WordPress, MailChimp, BSD Tools, ActBlue, NGP, etc.
- Experience running online giving, paid media, or digital advocacy programs
- Commitment to building successful outcomes and taking ownership over a growing program and team
- Team-player capable of setting goals and measuring progress
- Ability to tell a story through impeccable writing
- Familiarity and/or experience working with legal issues and litigation
- Precise by nature and methodical in approach
Democracy Forward provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Democracy Forward is an equal opportunity employer: women, minorities, members of the LGBT community, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.