Democracy Forward Foundation seeks an experienced digital strategist to lead our efforts across our digital platforms, including social media, email, website, and online fundraising. You’ll be an integral part of DF’s communications team, working with every part of the organization to craft a compelling, relatable, and mission-oriented story across our digital channels.
- Manage our digital infrastructure and platforms, including social media, email, and website
- Contribute creative digital communications strategies that tell the story of our evolving work across platforms to our key audiences
- Reach new audiences and grow a community of supporters through email and social media
- Partner with other organizations for content creation, influencer engagement, and list growth opportunities
- Write and maintain case page entries for the Democracy Forward website, working with legal team members to craft an accessible narrative of our litigation and policy work
- Write and send email products—such as a monthly newsletter, first-person letter, call to action, or legal win—to key audiences
- Maintain and grow email recipient lists
- Write and post updates to social media platforms, listening to community responses and managing reactions, and developing and implementing strategies to amplify Democracy Forward’s work
- Coordinate relationships with external teams for website and paid media efforts
- Report to, and collaborate with, executive team on key performance indicators and improvement
- Maintain tone and voice guidelines across digital platform
We’re looking for a strategic doer who thrives in a small-team environment and has a passion for creating things on the Internet. You might be a good fit for this role if you’ve been working on a digital team at a non-profit or a political campaign and are interested in leading a program of your own; if you’re interested in joining a team committed to confronting unlawful threats to democracy and social progress and if you’re interested in working in a startup, mission-driven environment. This might mean, but does not require, the following experience and skills:
- 2-3 years working on digital programs (ideally for a non-profit, advocacy organization, or campaign)
- Proficiency in digital platforms like WordPress, Every Action, MailChimp, ActBlue, etc.
- Proficiency and/or experience with digital content creation tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite (or web-based equivalents)
- Familiarity with running online giving, paid media, or digital advocacy programs
- Comfort working with information such as legal issues and litigation, and an interest in making this content accessible to the public
- Communicative team-player capable of setting goals and measuring progress
- Commitment to building successful outcomes and taking ownership over a growing program and team
Democracy Forward provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Democracy Forward is an equal opportunity employer: women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.